In this week’s LIL talk, Matt Phillips gave us an effervescent presentation on Seltzer, followed by a tasting.
- Perrier – minerally, slightly salty, big bubbles with medium intensity
- Saratoga – varied bubble size, clean… Paul says that this reminds him of typical German seltzers
- Poland Springs – soft, smooth, sweet and clean
- Gerolsteiner – Minerally with low carbonation
- Borjomi – Graphite, very minerally, small bubbles, funk
Of course, throughout the conversation, we discussed the potential for the bottles affecting our opinions. We agreed that for a truly objective comparison, we’d transfer the samples to generic containers.
Though our tech and law talks are always educational and fun, our carbonated water talk was a refreshing change.